Friday, March 2, 2012

Why is this so difficult?

I used to write for fun all the time.
I'd start fiction stories.
I'd keep a journal.
I'd write songs.

Wouldn't you think keeping a blog would be easy?

It's not.

Not for me, at least.

I don't know what's changed about me. I used to love writing, I used to have a really strong passion for it. But  I find it really difficult to motivate myself anymore, to think of anything worth writing...and worth reading for that matter.

I was going to try and self-assign a section of a revived fiction piece I started from 10th grade. But I thought about how difficult that would be, so I just deleted the post.

And now I'm just angry with myself for being such a hardcore failure.

I'm going to do this.
Okay?
This is going to happen.

Some of the posts are going to be like this, some are going to be lazy and dumb, some will be obnoxious: full of rants and complaints, some will be like a journal, some will just be updates.

But then some of them will be thoughtful. Some of them will be interesting. Some of them will be worth your time.

I promise. Just...stay tuned. And bear through the crap ones.
I really want this to work. And if that's going to happen, I just have to keep posting and posting until something accidentally turns out well. Because if I keep waiting for the right idea to come to my mind on what to blog about, I will probably never post again.

Ready, set, go.

1 comment:

  1. Kira. You're such a great writer, like even this post was interesting to me. You have a lot of voice in your writing.

    And a blog is for you to write your thoughts, it can be ranting and whining if that's what you want. Also...every single post you make is worth my time. Wow. haha.

    ReplyDelete