Sunday, November 25, 2012

Fatima

Wow, sorry took a little hiatus there.
Not as long as they usually are, but oops.

I suppose this counts cause it's still Novembeard, and also, shouldn't I be able to say what I'm thankful for whenever?

Yeah.

So I hadn't seen my dear friend Fatima for a really long time. And of course I haven't seen her, we go to different schools in separate states. But I hadn't even Skyped her really, or done very well at staying in touch just via Facebook, text messages...not even tumblr anymore.

I almost didn't go with Valerie and Jenna to the U of M on Wednesday. I'd been pretty busy the days before, and I didn't have time to help clean up and prepare for our guests from Kansas to come, and I thought it wasn't going to fit into my plans.
But then I realized I wouldn't see her at all over break if I didn't go on Wednesday, so I thought screw it and went anyway.

After wandering around for thirty minutes trying to find each other, we finally met up. And being the four of us, we had no idea what to do then.

We finally settled on going to Caribou (because Valerie wouldn't have to pay anything, how convenient for her... haha), and we sat and just talked.

It felt so normal, but at the same time, I realized how much I had missed her.
The type of humor we both have, the snarky jokes she tells, the way we're both really judgmental, and our shameless girl-crushes.

I think another thing that makes me miss her even more is that we just started to become good friends at the end of high school. So it's like we're not done yet. It's not like old friends getting together. It's friends who are still becoming friends, but only getting to see each other every few months.

I'm really glad that I was able to see her, even if it was only for a few hours.

And now that I'm back on tumblr, maybe we'll stay in touch better ;) haha
(love you, wifey)

1 comment:

  1. Ahh you are are precious.
    I'm so glad that you decided to come, because, me being my paranoid self, I had been worried that we were growing apart faster than I would have imagined. THANKFULLY that was not the case and it was absolutely fantastic to see you guys. I'm glad you appreciate my jokes because people here don't get them and that creates awkward situations. Also on the judgmental I took a nap today and I had a really weird dream about that girl we so strongly disliked last year. Girl crushes...always.
    I love you Kira! <3

    ReplyDelete