Thursday, November 8, 2012

A day like today

Two nights ago I stayed up until 3:00 talking with a good friend. I had homework to get done by the next morning, but I always enjoy a good conversation so I couldn't help myself. And when I got back to my room, I finished my lab report and finally got to sleep around 5:30.

That next day was good, because the tiredness had yet to hit me. I was running off of adrenaline, and I even went for a six mile run in the evening.

This morning, however, I woke up, and I could feel the exhaustion. I expected a very long, very difficult day.

But it was somehow wonderful, instead. Gorgeous weather; it was nearly 60 degrees, and it was sunny.
Today felt really pure.
I don't know how else to explain it.

While walking to my first class today, I heard Adam's distinct laugh that always makes me smile, no matter how upset or tired I am. I waved hello to him and Greg as I passed them. I couldn't help but smile the whole way to Carver Hall.

I always have a good laugh with the girls from my french class. And we are planning to make red velvet cupcakes tomorrow, which I am excited for.

My three hour chemistry lab only took an hour to complete today.

I got to see my friend Chris, and rate his beard (as I am his official Facial-hair Facilitator for the month of Novembeard).

Josh asked to study with me for calculus, which was a funny little experience (as neither of us have any idea what's going on).

And after dinner with Tina and Megan, I went to check our mailbox.
What a great surprise to find a letter from Bradley. Which took me about 20 minutes to read, because of his handwriting.

But overall, today was a beautiful day. It was hardly more than ordinary. But I liked it. And it's days like today for which I am thankful.

1 comment:

  1. A SIX MILE RUN?! No freshman fifteen for Kira, it looks like!!
    Aw I love days like that. I always like...replay in my head all the things that went right. I hope you have more fantastic days like that :)

    ReplyDelete