Monday, May 28, 2012

Three Strange Days

are yet to come.

They will be long days, but will be over quickly.
They will be busy days, but following will be the calm of summer.
They will be filled with apathy yet so much emotion.

High school has always felt this way though:
busybusybusybusybusyDONE.
It's so abrupt. There's no wind-down. There's no closure.
Even though this is the final year.

I thought it would be different.

I thought, despite my oh-so-anxious-manner to get out of here, that I would feel something.

Not that I don't. It's just...well for one, it hasn't quite hit me yet; it feels like any other year ending. And I think that will stop the first day I get homesick in college. Second, I've been anticipating this since semester two of freshman year. It's been "time" for a while. Third, it is coming so quickly that I don't even have the time to feel anything...

I'm stressed, as usual. And I have a lot to do.
I'll just be working working working, and then BAM. It's over.

No time to let it sink in.
And I know it's going to weird for me when it finally does.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so when I read this I like instantly agreed, because SERIOUSLY. It still doesn't feel like school is over, it feels like I should have a test or a project or a paper or a presentation that I need to be stressed out about! High school is so hard because they wring you out like a wet towel, and they keep twisting until the final bell on the last day, until every drop of motivation and strength has been drained...that's kind of dramatic but. yeah.

    ReplyDelete