Sunday, January 8, 2012

Dear Sophomore Kira,

This year sucks. And it's pretty much inevitable. But there's a few things you can do to make it less sucky. Ready?

First of all, DROP ASTRONOMY. Really, I know you've been thinking about it. I know you've been thinking, "I should really drop astronomy, but it'll probably get better". It won't. It gets worse, believe it or not. Out of all the classes you've taken in high school, you will regret taking Astronomy the most, if you continue with it (imagine that: you're taking freaking Euro right now). It's awkward, and it's lame, and you don't learn anything. Leave.

Speaking of Euro, I know it's terrible...but you're going to make it. And the work is hard, but the class is fun. And you have an awesome class. Third term is a little exhausting, but just hang in there. I won't tell you what score you get, but study study study. You won't regret it.

So advice for next semester.

Math. So you're going to ask Mr. Lindahl you should take 3x next year. And he will say you probably can't handle it. And then you'll ask Landy if she thinks you would do okay in it. And she'll say it's pretty big jump. Don't listen to them. Regular math is SO TERRIBLE. You know that it's terrible. You know you shouldn't be in regular math. Even though you have to do summer school to transfer....please. Power through it. You don't want Math 3 with Cade next year, and you don't want to sit through your dumb ass Math 4 class. But don't try to jump to 2x this year, because you have Valerie in your class. And Brady and Reed. It's funny.

Honors Communications. Switch. Switch switch switch, you can't handle Mrs. Van Horn. I know May Ling is in your class, but she's your only friend at lunch, and she ends up getting sick and is never at school. And then you're awkward and lonely. Ehhh.

Also, don't try to drop band. Mr. E won't let you. I know you reallyyyyyy want to. But stay for Marching Band; you meet Grace, and she's hilarious. And you get to know Abby, and she will invite you to a Lady Gaga concert later (I KNOW! FREAK OUT).

Rugby: don't let it getcha down. I know this year is pretty lame and you wish you were on First Fifteen. But you have Anna, and your team is actually a lot of fun. Drama happen in the First Fifteen. Also, try to really enjoy next year. I won't say what, exactly...but a lot changes.

Also, when you meet Fatima at the Euro Practice Test, talk to her. She's also in your advisory; you don't realize that because you always sit on the right side of the room and don't talk to anyone. Go sit with her. She's awesome.

Well, that's about all the advice I can give you for this year. I'm actually risking my life to tell you this. Because I'm trying to get you to change things about this year to make it easier, the "me" that exists now will cease to exist if you follow my advice. So I'm pretty much committing suicide. But sophomore year was the worst. Change it; make it better.

Okie doke. Peace.

- Senior Kira (and yes, you still hate high school in the future and are excited to escape this place. Almost there...).

P.S. Stop procrastinating.
P.P.S. HA. That's a joke. But I thought I'd give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment