Monday, January 2, 2012

An Open Letter To My Dreams

Dear Subconscious Brain,

I don't understand how we're connected. Where does this come from?
Why are you thinking about Jessi, I haven't even seen her since 7th grade. And why is there shaving cream all over the floor? Why can't I do anything all of a sudden? Do you think this is amusing? Because you are controlling everything.

It's true. You can do whatever you want. You could let me own a country. You could give me the power to stop time. You could make me the Doctor's next companion.

Oh no, but this is so much better, isn't it? Me sitting on a slide listening to a princess ramble on about not being fourteen anymore. Me running through a library with a bunch of people doing a coordinated dance. Me being in the middle of a baseball field trying to find a good bottle of hairspray.

That totally makes sense.

I just want to know where these thoughts come from. Why do you think of random people while I'm asleep? Why do you make me incapable of running or screaming at the most inconvenient times? Are you on drugs?

Seriously, kid. This stuff is crazy. Nothing makes sense. Calm down.

I hope you understand: I don't want you to go away, I just think you should be a little more like me. We are connected to the same person, you know.

Sincerely,
Conscious Brain

No comments:

Post a Comment