Friday, July 29, 2016

Everybody knows the end.

It's really starting to feel like the "end of an era".

As August approaches, many of my friends are finally leaving. Some were sticking around until their leases ended and have jobs/graduate school lined up so they're finally moving locations to prepare for their next step.

I'm going home tomorrow to see a couple of these friends before they leave indefinitely, and I've been saying a lot of final "goodbyes" lately. It's crazy, and it's really sinking in.

I'm trying to remain optimistic about this next stage. I'm happy for all of my friends and their next steps in life, but as they leave me I can't help feeling anxious about moving on, myself.

I wish I felt more stable about the future. But I don't know for sure what I want to study, I don't know where I want to study, I don't know which school to apply to, I haven't even taken the GRE yet.

I know it's not something I can worry about right now, and I need to take everything one step at a time... but it's hard to wrap my head around it all.

For now I'll let myself feel sad and miss my friends, feel a little anxious about the future, and start getting ready to move forward.


This week's goal: Career counseling.

No comments:

Post a Comment