Monday, November 18, 2013

Favorites

I don't know why I feel like doing this, being that I'm usually against picking "favorites".
Here it goes, anyway!
I chose some of the favorites that I've decided explain myself pretty well, according to me. It's something I can look back on later in life and compare to.

Movie: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
There are so many qualities that I adore in this movie. Every quote from it is wonderful. I have the sort of appreciation for this movie as I do for the book Alice In Wonderland...it's strange and beautiful. It's on Netflix if you haven't already seen it!

Book: Submarine (by Joe Dunthorne)
This was an immediate favorite of mine. Yes, I know you're probably shocked that I didn't put LFA as my favorite, and yes it still remains my true favorite. For the time being, however, I am interested in exploiting Submarine as a book you should all invest in. It's worth it. And it's a quick read! Especially because you'll become addicted to it, and will likely finish it in two days.

Musician: Sondre Lerche
Ah yes, my beloved Norwegian singer. Sondre's music is very mellow, and lately I've been listening to him constantly. When I first heard his music, I listened to about ten songs on YouTube, and then proceeded to purchase all six of his albums. That's $60 I spent on an artist that I had only heard ten songs from. But I wasn't disappointed.

Song: Far Too Young To Die (by Panic!) 
I believe this song has a sound similar to the old Panic! sound, which might be why I'm so intrigued by it. The lyrics are also a huge reason for it being my favorite, though. I like the idea of being far too young to die. My favorite line from the song is "I want to complicate you, don't let me do this to myself".

Color: Tangerine
I would argue that it's between coral and tangerine, at the moment. The reason I'm leaning more toward tangerine is because coral is a winter color, and tangerine is a summer color. I like the contradiction of the color tangerine existing in the soon-to-be wintery world.

Season: WINTER
Of course it is; this won't change. Ever.

Time of day: Morning
Morning comes with comfort, and being rested. I like feeling the cold sheets on my legs, and the potential that comes with a new day. Mornings are so fresh, and they come with tea. Tea is great.

Activity: Basketball
Perhaps this seems odd to you. It seems odd to me, as well. Let me explain: I haven't gone to the gym much this semester...which sucks. I really need the physical activity to help clear my mind, and whatever else exercising does. Recently, a group of us has been going to the gym and playing basketball. Last Saturday we played for about three and a half hours, and it was great. I think it's just because I've been able to have fun and play a sport with my friends during my free time. So basketball has recently become one of my favorite activities.

Snack: Pepper-jack cheese
Oh, so in case you didn't know I'm obsessed with cheese. And pepper-jack is my absolute favoriteeeeee. I eat it with crackers, on sandwiches, by itself...whenever I get the chance to eat it, I will.

Course: French
I love learning French, and this semester we've been focusing on French literature. I think this combination is wonderful, but also, I think French is my favorite course because it breaks up all my math/science/engineering courses.

Professor: Dr. Canfield 
There's something about physics professors, you know? But Canfield is great. I wouldn't compare him to Grandpa Greenbowe, exactly...but I have the same type of appreciation for him. Dr. Canfield is extremely intelligent, and he's also hilarious. And he recently received the American Physical Society David Adler Lectureship Award! He's a pretty neat dude, in case you want to check him out (although you're probably extremely uninterested in this).

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE MY SOUL MATE. I was going to comment on a couple thing but not anymore. PEPPER JACK CHEESE IS THE BEST. I need to go buy some more... That's all I need to know. We have the same favorite cheese friends forever

    ReplyDelete