Monday, December 31, 2012

Hello again, blog.

So yesterday, I hung out with my friend Chris.
I didn't think I'd really care whether or not I saw him again, before he left for Indiana. Turns out I did. And it was really great, actually.

Sometimes Chris got upset with me because he felt like our friendship was always serious, and we were never able to joke. I think part of that, for me, was that his "jokes" were sort of condescending...so I didn't see the humor in them.

But we were able to joke around, yesterday. We talked about words that are gross, and I mentioned that Gina thinks the word "sack" is one of them. And he told me that any name for that region is pretty nasty. Like scrotum, testicles, junk...

Yeah. Definitely no more of the CA Chris is left.

Which brings me to the fact that there wasn't any awkward tension between us. I think all this time, he had a weird boundary of being my CA and yet still trying to be my friend. But no more CA Chris, just friend. And that was nice.

I also realized that he's a good friend. 
I got a little frustrated with him towards the end of semester, and I didn't care whether or not we kept in touch. I think my subconscious decided that since he was going to be so far away from me, I better stop liking him. It makes sense, I guess. It's easier that way. Because I've had a lot of good friends move away, and that's not easy.

Distance or none, however, a friend is a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment