Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Blog?

I don't blog.
This is awkward.

Sumer is over, that's obvious. I'm trying not to complain about it, though.

Last summer, I started something called a Complain Bracelet. Basically, it takes three weeks of consistently repeating an action for it to become a habit. I tried complaining less. I wore a bracelet as a reminder, the goal being to go 21 consecutive days without complaining. I would wear it on the same wrist every day, and keep track of how many I had successfully made it through. If I caught myself complaining, I would move the Complain Bracelet to the other wrist, and start over my day count.

It took me a long time, and many do-overs, but eventually I made it through 21 consecutive days without complaining.

It did help me improve on complaining less.
Admittedly, its effects have not been permanent.

I guess there are things that you just can't fix. Ughh.

No comments:

Post a Comment