Friday, January 8, 2016

2016, I welcome you.

Sharing yourself with others is scary. Your thoughts, dreams, and aspirations are intimate, and telling others can be terrifying because what if you fail? I've always felt this way, so I've kept to myself. But I lack discipline, and not sharing my goals means not having the motivation to achieve them. Friends hold you accountable for this.

So I opened up. I told my friend Eli about all the goals I want to accomplish this semester, and he told me his. We're going to hold bi-weekly meetings to check in with each other.

I'm excited for 2016.

I'm going to start volunteering weekly at the Boys and Girls Club in Ames. I think it'll be nice to have that as part of my routine.

I've set up meetings with three professors for the first couple weeks of classes to help me get started on the correct trajectory. I'm hoping to better understand what I want to do with my future, and be proactive about setting myself up for success in whatever this happens to be.

I went on a date yesterday. It was pretty much wonderful. There was no pressure on the situation because we live so far from each other during the academic year that it wouldn't be practical to pursue anything, but it was a step out of my comfort zone (I don't date much) so I consider it a success for my weekly goal.

I think this is going to be a good year.


This week's goal: Eat breakfast everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment